Do you think your boat or your personal watercraft is covered by your homeowners insurance? In majority of the cases it is not. That is why it is important to have boat insurance. Here are a few of the many things you may want to ask when getting boat insurance quotes.
1) What options does the insurance policy include? Does the policy have the option to include on-water towing, total loss replacement, fuel spill protection, wreckage removal, 24-hr roadside assistance (with boat trailer), fishing equipment replacement, etc?
2) Does the boat insurance policy cover bodily injury to your or your watercraft occupants in the event of an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured boater?
3) How do you determine the value of the boat in the event of a total loss? Is it determined by the agreed value (like sticker price) or market value (incorporating depreciation)?
4) Is your boat covered no matter where it is? For example, is it still covered while stored in a dry dock?
5) Are there discounts available such as claim-free policy renewal discounts or multi-line discounts? Or discounts for taking boat safety classes?
Dershimer Insurance offers personalized boat insurance to meet your needs. We work with multiple trusted insurance companies to provide you with the best boat policy. Let one of our experts help you today. Call 863-299-8330 to learn more.Filed Under: Blog, Boat Insurance | Tagged With: boat, boat insurance, marine policies, personal water crafts, personal watercraft insurance, speciality insurance