Thanksgiving is one week away. If you are traveling, here are a few tips.
- Check the weather before you go. Storms may cause road hazards and delays.
- Plan for the unexpected if you are flying. Leave extra time to deal with security, connections, etc. Pack a snack in case you can’t eat between connections. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is the biggest travel day of the year so be prepared.
- Compile a list that has phone numbers of where you are traveling to and address as well as emergency contact numbers in the event you lose your cell phone or there are issues with your travel.
- Make sure your car is safe. Inspect the tires before you take a long drive, especially if maintenance is not up to date.
- Be sure that your auto insurance and travel insurance policies are up to date in case of an incident.
- Keep valuables locked in trunk, especially if you are shopping on Black Friday.
- Eat lots of turkey and have fun!
Have questions about auto insurance or travel insurance? Contact our experts at Dershimer Insurance Agency at 863-299-8330.
November 20th, 2014 by