Do you plan to take the kids to the lake, beach or pool this summer? Here are a few safety tips to remember to help keep your young ones safe around water.
1) Supervise your child at all times while near water no matter their swim skills level. Young children can drown in less than 2 inches of water in a matter of seconds.
2) Put a properly fitted life jacket (or floatation device) on your child when near water or on the boat. Test its fit on your child before going out.
3) Apply sunscreen liberally at least 15 minutes before going out in the sun. Continue to reapply every 30-60 minutes after kid gets in water. Also use protective swimwear (hats, sunglasses, rash guards) if possible.
4) Teach your kids at a young age that it is never safe to swim alone. Even adults should not swim alone. Enroll them in summer swim lessons and teach them basic water safety tips
5) Always keep your cell phone nearby in the event of an emergency. Keep a list of emergency contacts in a plastic bag along with medication your child may need if something happened.
Do you have a boat or plan to buy a boat for the summer? Do you have Boat Insurance? Call Dershimer Insurance Agency to let our experts evaluate your current boat insurance policy or find you the best policy that fits your needs. Call 863-299-8330 for more infoFiled Under: Boat Insurance | Tagged With: boat insurance, water safety